In this video we are going to demonstrate how to prep a new OEM fender and get it ready for paint. If preparing a used or after market part, additional steps may be necessary. Below are the steps to follow.
- Wash panel to be prepped with soap and water.
- Clean panel with wax and grease remover.
- Using a DA with a inter surface pad, sand the outside of the panel with 500 grit sandpaper. (This can be done by hand as well.
- Using a maroon Scotch Brite, scuff the edges and hard to get areas.
- Scuff the edges that will be painted.
- Blow dust off using compressed air.
- Wipe with wax and grease remover to clean.
- Spray and areas the sanded through the e-coat with self-etching primer.
- Now you’re ready to put in the booth and spray.