This video covers some of the ASE task for the B2 Paint and Refinish – Part A Safety Precautions. There are also some other safety related resources below.
Part A Safety Task List
A.1 – Identify and take necessary precautions with hazardous operations and materials according to federal, state, and local regulations.HP-I
A.2 – Identify safety and personal health hazards according to OSHA guidelines and the “Right to Know Law”. HP-I
A.3 – Inspect spray environment and equipment to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations, and for safety and cleanliness hazards. HP-I
A.4 – Select and use a NIOSH approved air purifying respirator. Inspect condition and ensure fit and operation. Perform proper maintenance in accordance with OSHA Regulation 1910.134 and applicable state and local regulation. HP-I
A.5 – Select and use a NIOSH approved supplied air (Fresh Air Make-up) respirator system. Perform proper maintenance in accordance with OSHA Regulation 1910.134 and applicable state and local regulation HP-I
A.6 – Select and use the proper personal safety equipment for surface preparation, spray gun and related equipment operation, paint mixing, matching and application, paint defects, and detailing (gloves, suits, hoods, eye and ear protection, etc.). HP-I
- www.CollisionBlast.com/DuPont6HVideo – This is a good video overview of the 6H Ruling
Safety Training Videos
These are third party videos available on YouTube. Please let me know if a video become unavailable so I can find another relevant video to replace it.
- www.CollisionBlast.com/6HTraining – Free training for 6H
- www.CareerSafeOnline.com – Training website. They have a lot of free resources, but there is a charge for their safety training courses.
- www.OSHA.com – This is the official website for OSHA.
- www.sp2.org – Provide automotive specific safety training for a charge.
- www.CollisionBlast.com/AutoBodyOSHA – This is a web page of OSHA, which pertains specifically to auto body shops.