If you’re looking for a used car or your next project car, you will want to know if there is any bondo or body filler on it. Body filler is fine if used properly. However, it has been misused through the years as well. By knowing upfront, you will also have more negotiation power with the seller. You may also discover this is a car that you want to stay away from altogether.
Just telling the person you think the car has body filler or that it appears to have body filler will not give you enough negotiation juice. However, if you had a detector that could prove there is body filler, what locations, and how thick; there is not much the seller can say, but agree with you. Best of all, it’s here…the filler detective is now available. This tool won 1st for best new product for at SEMA 2011. The detector works on body filler and aluminum filler.
How Much Is Too Much Filler
The max body filler thickness according to Evercoat and 3M is 1/4 inch after sanded. Evercoat Technical Data Sheet – 3M Technical Data Sheet. Together with the documentation and the filler detective, the cards will be in your hands when it come to making the car deal.
The Filler Detective will find hidden body damage and body filler on a car, truck or motorcycle. It will tell you where it is, AND how deep it is.
- Sound alert for location and depth of hidden previous damage
- 9 Volt Duracell battery (included) operated,no charger to lose
- Fits in standard shirt pocket
- New technology, patent pending
- Low battery indicator
- 1 Year limited warranty
- Protective Micro-fiber contact pad to prevent paint scratches
- Includes Stainless steel belt clip, lanyard and screwdriver for battery cover
- Portable verification plate for accuracy confirmation