The end of the year is here and it is time for many things. Let’s slow down, take a breath, and reflect on the great times we had this year
It’s A Time for Thanks
- Collision Repair had a new semi-downdraft prep station installed.
- Collision Repair now has AllData Collision Connect. This allows us to retrieve the correct repair procedures for vehicles. This increases the quality of repairs we do. It also contributes to a safer working environment by taking guess work out.
- Collision Repair purchased a Red Devil Paint Shaker, which is a must for the high pearl colors of today.
- Collision Repair received a lower line of
PPGpaint called Shopline. This will be used to perform test panels and practice spraying techniques. This will be a small savings on materials. However, we will continue to use PPGfor live work. Thanks to Danny Hutchins at Car Color.
- Upgraded our existing Shark computerized measuring system.
- Collision Repair received outside training classes and tour of collision repair facilities. Thanks to Danny Hutchins at Car Color, Bob Rech at 3M, AutoCraft of Wichita, and Extreme Motorsports Collision Center of El Dorado.
- Materials and Parts Donations. Thanks to Danny at Car Color and Scholfield Honda in
- For all of our soldiers willing to put their life on the line to keep us safe.
- We all have different beliefs, but I’m personally thankful for a certain someone born about 2000 years ago.
I’m sure there are things to be thankful for in other programs or businesses. I can barely keep up with the Collision Repair program, but I encourage you to comment on your thanks in our comments section.
A Time for Memorial
- The Butler Collision Repair Team lost one of their own this year. Ted Powe, a former BCC Collision student will be on our minds and our hearts will be with his family this holiday season.
- For soldiers who lost their lives, while defending our country.
- The one that lost his life for us, so that we can have life.
If you would like to add someone to remember this year, please add him or her to the comment section of this blog.
A Time for Champions
- The Butler Grizzlies won National Championship two times back-to-back in football. This makes their 6th NJCAA Championship victory. Read More
- The Butler Livestock Judging Team took some National Championships this year. They have 23 national contest victories this decade. Read More.
- Dr. Vietti,
’s president, was nationally recognized as the recipient of the 2008 Western Regional Chief Executive Officer award for the national Association of Community College Trustees. Read More Butler
- Dr. Ellis,
’s vice president, was recognition as a South Plains College Distinguished Alumni. Read More Butler
- Patrick Sampoll, Fernando Galindo, and Jose Valenzuela, BCC Collision Repair students, produced a auto collision welding video, which was in a major national collision repair magazine called Auto Body Collision News (ABRN) Read More
- Jennifer Engelbrecht, a BCC Collision Repair student won a $2500.00 scholarship through the I-CAR Education Foundation, in conjunction with AkzoNobel Coatings, Inc. and the Most Influential Women of the Collision Repair Industry. This scholarship was announced at NACE 2008 in
. Read More , Las Vegas NV
- Jennifer was also interviewed by Scene Exchange about the collision industry. Read More
- This blog and our videos were mentioned on Parts & People. Read More
- Again, the people that put their lives on the line for us are Champions.
==================================== A Time for Hope Everyone completes each year hoping that the next year will be even better. Here are a few of the things I hope for in the future.
This is where you all are really going to have to help me. I know that there a more Champions and Victories out there, but I’m in here swinging hammers beating on cars all day. I’m not leaving any champions out; I just don’t get out a lot. However, I would love to hear more Butler and/or other Success stories. Please share in our comments section.
A Time for Hope
Everyone completes each year hoping that the next year will be even better. Here are a few of the things I hope for in the future.
- Better economy
- More jobs
- New football stadium for the Grizzlies
- High enrollment
A Time for Giving
As we reflect though this year and look into next year, you have the opportunity to put hope in the lives of others. Community Colleges depend on the help of others to produce the champions of the future. There are many scholarships available for you to contribute to at our Foundation office. You can also give online to the Butler Foundation. If you feel compelled to donate to help future collision repair technicians, there is a scholarship set up in memory of Ted Powe. Read more about the Ted Powe Scholarship.
I WISH EVERYONE A HAPPY
Here is a video explaining our Butler Foundation office.