Step-By-Step – 9 Step To Apply and Sand Body Filler
- •If the repair has been welded, mix and apply fiberglass filler to repair area.
- •Sand the filler with 36 grit. There is no need to use a finer grit as body fill will be applied over the fiberglass. All you need to level the glass filler.
- •Mix and apply body filler over the repair area. Cover and extend body filler over fiberglass. Do not extend the filler onto the paint surface.
- •Block sand (cross sand) the filler with 36 grit sandpaper. (This step can be done before the filler is completely dry to reduce the amount of sanding required.)
- •Repeat step if there are still lows.
- •Allow to fully cure (15 to 20 minutes) and spray with guide coat.
- •Block sand (cross sand) with 80 grit sandpaper. Sand just enough to remove guide coat. If guide coat does not sand off in an area indicates a low and additional filler will be needed.
- •Optional: Either apply guide coat and block sand with 150 grit; Or, Apply a coat of finish glaze over entire repair area. Remember, glaze can be applied over sanded paint too.
- •Finish filler or glaze by blocking with150 grit.