I am demonstrating what sandpaper grits to use and the steps to take for sanding paint and coatings to bare metal, shape and sand body filler, feather edge repair area, and get the repair area ready for prime and block.
For more information about SunMight USA Corp visit:
14943 Desman Road La Mirada, CA 90638
714-952-5020 – [email protected]
1. Wash the repair area with soap and water.
2. Wash the repair area with wax and grease remover.
3. Remove paint and coating to metal using 80 grit on a DA sander.
4. Blow repair area with compressed air.
5. Mix and apply body filler.
6. Lightly level body filler using 80 grit on a DA sander.
7. Apply guide coat to the repair area.
8. Minimize 80 grit scratches and feather edge using 180 grit on a DA sander.
9. Prepare surface for prime and block using 320 grit on a DA sander.