We are working on the Nissan Titan project and we are going to restore the headlights. Actually only one headlight was bad, but we restored both of them so they would both look the same.
In other videos, I have used 3M headlight restoration kit, toothpaste, and WD40. These methods worked, but eventually faded out again. The 3M kit lasted the longest and the WD40 the shortest. In this video we are going to use 2K clear coat, which will last for years is done correctly. If you are wanting the durability and chemical resistance properties, I believe a 2K clear coat needs to be used. I will provide some recourses below the video.
Steps and Resources Below
How To Remove https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6YEwdDsUc0
1. Remove headlights.
2. Wash with soap and water.
3. Mask edges.
4. Sand lens using 500 grit.
5. Sand lens using 800 grit.
6. Wash again with soap and water.
7. Clean lens using water plastic cleaner. (optional) http://amzn.to/2dOR9h6
8. Tack off. http://amzn.to/2dsefL2
9. Apply adhesion promoter. http://amzn.to/2do66eb
10. Apply clear coat…automotive 2k clear coat or 2k spray can. http://amzn.to/2dGnCKJ
11. Allow to dry and reinstall.
Be The First To Know About Upcoming Video Series
Subscribe To Us
[grwebform url=”https://app.getresponse.com/view_webform.js?u=BPt&wid=73581″ css=”on” center=”on” center_margin=”200″/]